Tuesday, 26 September 2000

PC Woes

So there I was last night, trying to reconfigure my PC. The Packard-Bell supplied instructions were crystal clear; "Turn off pc. Insert boot disk. Start up pc. Follow the instructions." So I did.

The pc rebooted, brought up a blue screen containing the words 'Please insert CD#1 in the CD-ROM drive'. Which I did.
The screen said 'Please wait a moment." So I did.
The CD drive whirred for a bit, then ejected. 'Please insert CD#1 in the CD-ROM drive' said the screen. Which I did.
The screen said 'Please wait a moment." So I did.
The CD drive whirred for a bit, then ejected. 'Please insert CD#1 in the CD-ROM drive' said the screen. Which I did, THREE MORE TIMES!!

By this time I'm getting rather concerned. "I've wiped my hard disk and now I'm buggered." I thought. In desperation, I removed the floppy and the CD, re-booted my PC and watched as it re-started as if nothing had happened.

So at least now I have a relatively up-to-date back-up of my files.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your braind's, yeah?