Tuesday, 2 January 2001

Inland Revenue Woe

I've been expecting a cheque from the taxman since around April last year. I told myself that it would either come in July with my final statement or in January 2001 as a final closing of my accounts. So imagine how excited I was when a brown Inland Revenue envelope poked through the letterbox this morning.
"This will be good news" I thought to myself. I ripped it open. It read:
"Dear Sir
Now your account is up to date we are enclosing a blank payment form in the event that you have any other amounts you wish to pay us. Happy New Year."
So now I've got to get in contact with red-tape city to get what's rightfully mine (i.e. £1100)
When they want money they get it right away and charge you if you're late in payment, but when the boot's on the other foot they just sit on their spotty behinds. Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your braind's, yeah?